Walking Football is a slow-paced version of the beautiful game aimed at the over 50s, so if you thought your footballing days were over, then think again!
Walking Football is designed to help people keep an active lifestyle irrespective of their age, as well as getting those back playing football who perhaps had to stop due to injuries.
Rules / Guidelines
- Players are prohibited from sprinting, running or jogging while the ball is in play
- Anyone doing so is penalised with a free-kick awarded to the other team
- Walking Football is non-contact and no slide tackles are allowed
- Played with a size 4 Futsal ball (if available) indoors or use a traditional ball outdoors
- The game is played on a pitch 20/40 yards in length and 15/30 yards in width
- The area can be adjusted to suit numbers
- If the ball goes off the pitch over the touchline, the game is restarted via a kick, roll or throw-in (to allow for different physical capabilities) Note: It is strongly recommended to use a roll or kick in for indoor facilities
- It can be played indoors or outdoors to depend on weather and available facilities
Prescot Soccer Centre
Walking Football sessions take place at Prescot Soccer Centre every Tuesday & Fridays at 11am.
Sessions are £2.